VACANT DWELLING INSURANCE
XN Global ® Vacant Dwelling Insurance
Domestic insurers in most jurisdictions are reluctant to cover dwellings that are either vacant, unoccupied or rented to another occupant. In some cases, limited coverage is provided; in most cases, domestic homeowner insurance companies do not provide coverage if an international assignee’s home remains unoccupied or is rented to another occupant.
XN Financial ® supplies insurance coverage for vacant, unoccupied or rented dwellings, including condos located anywhere in the United States, Canada and Europe.
• The definition of “Dwelling” includes vacant dwellings, unoccupied dwellings or dwellings rented to others
• The policy pays for reasonable repairs and other costs incurred by the insured to protect the dwelling from further damage following a covered loss
• Coverage is also provided for the breakage of glass or safety glazing material forming part of a covered building, storm door or storm window
• The contents of the dwelling can also be covered if a burglar alarm is maintained during the policy period
• 10% of insured value of dwelling is automatically extended to insure other structures located on the residence premises
• XN Financial® also insures against liability suits brought for damages arising from the ownership, maintenance or use of the dwelling. This coverage also includes defense costs and medical expenses.