US Visitors Health Insurance from Gateway USA Highlights
Designed Expressly for International Exchange Activities
You have enough to worry about when you're traveling. Don't let your medical coverage be an uncertainty. As a solution, Gateway USA offers a complete package of international benefits available 24 hours a day. Gateway USA provides coverage for non-U.S. citizens traveling outside their home country for a minimum of 5 days up to a maximum of two years.
The following conditions apply to all persons applying for and/or enrolling in Patriot Travel Medical Insurance.
- Gateway USA is travel health insurance for non-U.S. citizens traveling outside their home country.
- For those under 65 years of age and visiting the U.S., your initial Period of Coverage must begin within six months of arrival in the U.S. For those 65 years of age and older, it must begin within 30 days of arrival. These requirements will be waived with proof of previous valid international travel insurance. Prior U.S. domestic health care coverage does not meet this eligibility requirement. Please provide the name of your international insurance carrier on the Application Form. If you are not in the U.S. at the time of application, please indicate your expected date of arrival on your Application Form.
|Injury due to an accident
||Each Gateway plan covers the cost of emergency dental treatment and dental procedures necessary to restore sound natural teeth lost or damaged in an accident up to the Maximum Limit.
|Sudden dental pain
||Each plan will pay up to $100 for the necessary treatment of sudden, unexpected pain to sound natural teeth.
|International Emergency Care
(when coordinated through the Plan Administrator)
||Up to $500,000 lifetime maximum
(independent of the Maximum Limit)
|Emergency Medical Evacuations
||up to $500,000
||Up to $50,000
||Up to $50,000
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment
||$25,000 principal sum
|Common Carrier Accidental Death
||$50,000 to Beneficiary;
maximum of $250,000 per family
|Accidental Death and Dismemberment occurring during the Period of Coverage:
|* Accidental Loss of life
|* Accidental Loss of two Members
|* Accidental Loss of one Member
||50% of principal sum
“Member” means hand, foot or eye
||Up to $50,000 lifetime maximum
||Up to $10,000
|Identity Theft Assistance
||Up to $500 per Period of Coverage
||$100 per day for five days
||Up to $5,000
||Up to $50 per item of personal property;
maximum of $250 per Period of Coverage
Worldwide Medical and Travel Assistance: Included
How the Medical Insurance Works
- Coverage and benefits are subject to the deductible and coinsurance, and all terms of the certificate of coverage and Master Policy.
- Coverage under this plan is secondary to any other coverage.
- Coverage and benefits are for medically necessary, usual, reasonable and customary charges only.
- Charges must be administered or ordered by a physician.
- Charges must be incurred during the Period of Coverage or the Benefit Period.
- Claims must be presented to IMG for payment within the Period of Coverage, Benefit Period or during the three months immediately following the Period of Coverage.
Evacuation Plus Rider
Provides coverage for emergency medical evacuations for medical conditions that are non-life threatening and evacuations as a result of a natural disaster. Patriot Platinum Non-Life-threatening Medical Evacuation - Up to a maximum of $50,000. Disaster Evacuation - Up to a maximum of $10,000. Requirements: Up to age 65. Available with a minimum of 3 months of coverage regardless of the minimum number of days being traveled.
- A Pre-existing Condition is defined as any injury, illness, sickness, disease, or other physical, medical, mental or nervous condition, disorder or ailment that, with reasonable medical certainty, existed at the time of application or at any time during the three years prior to the effective date of the insurance, whether or not previously manifested or symptomatic, diagnosed, treated, or disclosed prior to the effective date, including any subsequent, chronic or recurring complications or consequences related thereto or arising therefrom.
- Treatment or surgeries which are elective, investigational, experimental or for research purposes.
- War, military action, terrorism, political insurrection, protest, or any act thereof. The Company will not pay for a Political Evacuation if there is a travel advisory in effect on or within six (6) months prior to the Insured Person’s date of arrival in the Host Country.
- Immunizations and routine physical exams.
- Treatment of Temporomandibular Joint or dental treatment, except as expressly provided for in the certificate of insurance.
- Venereal disease, AIDS virus, AIDS-related illness, ARC Syndrome, or AIDS, and the cost of testing for these conditions, and charges for treatment or surgeries which are incurred by any Insured who was HIV+ at time of enrollment into this insurance.
- Pregnancy, childbirth, birth control, artificial insemination, treatment for infertility or impotency, sterilization or reversal thereof, or abortion.
- Injury sustained while participating in amateur or professional sports or other athletic activity which is organized and/or sanctioned, or which involves regular or scheduled practices, games or competition. The following hazardous activities are excluded unless the Adventure Sports Rider is purchased: abseiling, aviation (except when traveling as a passenger in a commercial aircraft), BMX, bobsleigh, bungee jumping, canyoning, caving, high diving, hang gliding, heli-skiing, hot air ballooning, inline skating, jet skiing, kayaking, mountain biking, paragliding, parascending, rappelling, rock climbing, sky diving, snow skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, spelunking, surfing, trekking, wind-surfing and whitewater rafting.Racing of any kind, BASE jumping, mountaineering, climbing or trekking above elevation 4500 meters above ground level or without proper ropes or guides; luge, motocross, Moto-X, rodeo activity, ski jumping, whitewater rafting exceeding Class V difficulty, scuba below 10 meters; and/or adventure sports not expressly covered hereunder are excluded regardless of which plan or rider is selected.
- Vision or ear tests and the provision of visual or hearing aids.
- Vocational, recreational, speech or music therapy.
- Treatment while confined primarily to receive custodial care, educational or rehabilitative care, or nursing services.
- Charges, injuries and/or illnesses resulting or arising from or occurring during the commission or continuing perpetration of a violation of law by the insured, including without limitation, the engaging in an illegal occupation or act, but excluding minor traffic violations.
- Treatment for, and injuries and/or illnesses resulting or arising from, substance abuse or drug addiction.
- Injury and/or illness resulting or arising from being under the influence of alcohol or drugs; and injury or illness resulting from operating any type of vehicle after consuming any alcohol or drugs.
- Willful self-inflicted injury or illness.
- Treatment required as a result of or arising from complications from a treatment or condition not covered under the certificate.
- Any services or supplies performed or provided by a relative of the Insured or provided at no cost to Insured.
- Treatment for mental and nervous disorders.
- Organ or tissue transplants or related services.
- Illness or injury where the trip to the host country is undertaken for treatment or advice for such illness or injury, except as expressly provided for in the certificate of insurance.
- Treatment incurred as a result of or arising from exposure to nuclear radiation, and/or radioactive material(s).
If your plan is purchased for a minimum of three months, coverage may be renewed (without break in coverage) for a total of up to two years. Renewals are available in whole month or daily increments and may be completed online or by using a paper application, however, renewals of less than one month are available only online. For each renewal of less than one month completed online, you will be charged an additional $5 processing fee. Each insured person must only satisfy one deductible and coinsurance within each 12 month coverage period. Please note: Renewal rates may differ from initial rates.
Refund Of Premium
Your satisfaction is very important to IMG and the plan underwriter. If you are not pleased with this product for any reason, you may submit a written request, prior to your effective date, for cancellation and refund of your premium. If you do not have any claims filed with IMG, you may cancel your plan after your effective date, however, the following conditions will apply: 1) you will be required to pay a $50 cancellation fee and 2) only full month premiums will be considered for refunds (e.g., if you choose to cancel your coverage two months and two weeks prior to the date your coverage ends, IMG will only consider the two full months for a refund). If you have filed claims, your premium is non-refundable.