Gateway GEO Group Highlights
| Maximum Limits:
|Maximum Limit for travelers who are 70-75 years old
||$250 per each covered Illness; deductible waived for claims incurred as a result of a covered accident
|Coninsurance - For treatment received outside the U.S. & Canada:
|Coninsurance - For treatment received within the U.S. & Canada:
||In the PPO Network: The plan pays 90% of eligible expenses up to $5,000, then 100% up to the Maximum Limit
Outside the PPO Network: The plan pays 80% of eligible expenses up to $5,000, then 100% up to the Maximum Limit
Usual, reasonable and customary charges, subject to deductible and coinsurance
|Hospital Room and Board
||Up to the Maximum Limit for average semi-private room rate
||Up to the Maximum Limit
||Up to the Maximum Limit
||Up to the Maximum Limit
||Up to the Maximum Limit
|Emergency Room Accident
||Up to the Maximum Limit
|Emergency Room Illness with
|Up to the Maximum Limit
Emergency Room Illness without
Up to the Maximum Limit with additional $250 deductible
Charges incurred for the use of the Emergency Room for treatment of an illness are subject to an additional (extra) $250 deductible if treatment does not require admittance to the hospital.
|Dental - Injury due to an accident:
||The plan covers the cost of emergency dental treatment and dental procedures necessary to restore sound natural teeth lost or damaged in an accident up to the Maximum Limit.
|Dental - Sudden dental pain
||The plan will pay up to $100 for the necessary treatment of sudden, unexpected pain to sound natural teeth.
||Up to $5,000 per period of coverage
The plan will cover up to $5,000 maximum, per insured person, per period of coverage (not per trip), for the sudden and unexpected recurrence of a pre-existing condition, as defined in the certificate wording.
International Emergency Care
(when coordinated through the Plan administrator)
||Up to the Maximum Limit
The Patriot Executive plan includes coverage for emergency medical evacuation to the nearest qualified medical facility; expenses for reasonable travel and accommodations resulting from the evacuation; and the cost of returning to either the home country or the country where the evacuation occurred. The plan will pay up to the Maximum Limit for covered incidents for insured persons under age 66; up to $50,000 for covered incidents for insured persons from ages 66 to 75; and up to $25,000 for evacuations resulting from a pre-existing condition.
||Up to $15,000
The Patriot Executive plan also provides emergency reunion coverage, up to $15,000 for a maximum of 15 days, for the reasonable travel and lodging expenses of a relative or friend during an emergency medical evacuation of the insured person: either the cost of accompanying the insured during the evacuation or traveling from the home country to be reunited with the insured.
|Return of Mortal Remains
||Up to $25,000
If a covered illness/injury results in death, expenses for repatriation of bodily remains or ashes to the home country will be covered up to a maximum of $25,000.
|Return of Minor Children
||Up to $5,000
If an insured person is hospitalized due to a covered illness/injury and is traveling alone with child(ren) 19 or under that otherwise would be left unattended, the Patriot Executive plan will reimburse up to $5,000 for one way economy fare to their home country, including a chaperone, if necessary, for the safety of the child(ren).
||Up to $10,000
If the United States Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs issues a travel advisory that becomes effective on or after the Insured Person’s date of arrival in the Host Country, the Company will pay up to $10,000 for transportation to the nearest place of safety or for repatriation to the Insured Person’s home country or country of residence provided that:
1. The Insured Person contacts the Company within 10 days of the United States Department of State, Bureau of Consular affairs issues the travel advisory;
2. Political Evacuation and Repatriation is approved and coordinated by the Company.
To be eligible for the Evacuation, Reunion and Return benefits, these must be recommended by the attending physician in critical medical situations, and approved in advance and coordinated by IMG.
|Common Carrier Accidental Death
||$50,000 to Beneficiary; maximum of $250,000 per family
If accidental death should occur while traveling on a commercial Common Carrier, $50,000 will be paid to the designated beneficiary, to a maximum of $250,000 per family.*
* Notwithstanding separate benefits, limits and sublimits for Common Carrier Accidental Death benefit and Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefits (above), no more than $50,000 dollars per individual will be paid to a beneficiary in the event of any death that occurs while covered by the Patriot Executive plan.
|Sports & Activities
Up to the Maximum Limit for basic sports as described below
The Patriot Executive plan covers injuries incurred during amateur athletic activities which are non-contact and engaged in by the insured person solely for leisure, recreation, entertainment or fitness purposes. However, activities not covered include amateur or professional sports or other athletic activity which is organized and/or sanctioned, or which involves regular or scheduled practices, games or competition. The following hazardous activities are excluded: racing of any kind, aviation (except when traveling as a passenger in a commercial aircraft), BMX, BASE jumping, bobsleigh, bungee jumping, canyoning, caving, high diving, hang gliding, heli-skiing, hot air ballooning, inline skating, jet skiing, kayaking, luge, motocross (moto-x), mountain biking, mountaineering, parachuting, rappelling, rock climbing, rodeo, scuba diving, ski jumping, sky diving, snow skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, spelunking, snorkeling, surfing, wakeboarding, water skiing, windsurfing and whitewater rafting.
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment
||$25,000 principal sum
The Patriot Executive plan includes $25,000 principal sum benefit for Accidental Death and Dismemberment occurring during the period of coverage:
- Accidental Loss of life - principal sum*
- Accidental Loss of life which occurred during a hijacking, kidnapping or attempted kidnapping - two times the principal sum*
- Accidental Loss of two Members - principal sum
- Accidental Loss of one Member - 50% of principal sum.
*“Member” means hand, foot or eye. For more information see the Additional Coverage Information page.*
||$50,000 lifetime maximum
The Patriot Executive plan provides coverage for injuries and illness incurred as a result of an act of Terrorism, subject to one $50,000 lifetime maximum.
If an insured person is injured as a result of an act of Terrorism, and the insured person has no direct or indirect participation in the act, the plan will reimburse eligible medical claims subject to a $50,000 lifetime maximum. Claims incurred as a result of radiological, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons or events are not covered.
Terrorism is the systematic or planned use of violence, fear, or threat of violence in order to intimidate a population or government, especially as a means of coercion or to obtain a granting of any demand.
This benefit does not cover an act of Terrorism in a country or location where the United States government has issued a travel advisory that has been in effect within the 6 months prior to the insured person's date of arrival.
This benefit does not cover an act of Terrorism in the event that an advisory to leave a certain country or location is issued by the United States government after the insured person's arrival date, and the insured person unreasonably fails or refuses to depart the country or location.
|Identity Theft Assistance
||Up to $500 per Period of Coverage
If an imposter obtains key personal information such as a Social Security or Driver's License number, or other method of identifying an insured person in order impersonate or obtain credit, merchandise or services in the insured person's name, the Patriot Executive plans will provide coverage for the reasonable, customary and necessary costs incurred by the insured for: re-filing a loan or other credit application that is rejected solely as a result of the stolen indentity event; notarization of legal documents, long distance telephone calls, and postage that has resulted solely as a result of reporting, amending and /or rectifying records as a result of the stolen identity event; up to three credit reports obtained within one year of the insured person's knowledge of the stolen identity event; and stop payment orders placed on missing or unauthorized checks as a result of the stolen identity event.
The identity theft event must occur during the Period of Coverage and must be reported within six months of the termination of coverage date.
||Up to $5,000
If, during a covered trip, there is a death of an immediate family member (spouse, child, parent or sibling) or the substantial destruction of the insured’s principal residence, the Patriot Executive plan will reimburse the insured up to $5,000 for the cost of returning the insured to the area of principal residence. The plan will cover reimbursement for a one way air or ground transportation ticket of the same class as the unused travel ticket, less the value of the unused return ticket.
||Up to $50 per item of luggage; maximum of $250
Conditions of Coverage
- The Period of Coverage is for one year from the effective date of the Certificate of Coverage.
- Coverage and benefits are subject to the applicable deductible, and the other terms of the plan as contained in the complete Certificate Wording and Master Policy.
- Coverage under the Patriot Executive plan is secondary to any other coverage or contractual benefits.
- Coverage and benefits are for medically necessary, usual, reasonable and customary charges only. Benefits under the plan are available only for injuries and illnesses for which treatment is first obtained during the first 30 days of the trip.
- Charges must be administered or ordered by a physician.
- Charges must be incurred during the Period of Coverage.
- Claims must be presented to IMG for payment within the Period of Coverage, or during the three months immediately following the Period of Coverage.
(U.S. citizens) You, your spouse and children are eligible for Patriot Executive International while traveling outside the United States if you: 1) are under the age of 76, 2) are covered by an individual or group medical plan, and 3) travel outside the United States frequently throughout the year.
(Non-U.S. citizens) You, your spouse and children are eligible for Patriot Executive America while traveling outside your home country if you: 1) are under the age of 76, 2) are covered by an individual or group medical plan, and 3) travel outside your home country frequently throughout the year.
Your satisfaction is very important to IMG and the plan underwriter. If you are not pleased with this product for any reason, you may submit a written request, prior to the effective date, for cancellation and refund of your premium.
Charges for the following services, treatments and/or conditions, among others, are excluded from coverage under the plan.
- Treatment for Pre-existing Conditions in excess of $5000, per Insured Person, per Period of Coverage (not per trip). A Pre-existing Condition is defined as any injury, illness, sickness, disease, or other physical, medical, mental or nervous condition, disorder or ailment that, with reasonable medical certainty, existed at the time of application or at any time prior thereto, including any subsequent, chronic or recurring complications or consequences relating thereto or arising therefrom, whether or not previously manifested or known, diagnosed, treated, or disclosed.
- Treatment or surgeries which are elective, investigational, experimental or for research purposes.
- War, military action, terrorism, political insurrection, protest, or any act thereof. The Company will not pay for a Political Evacuation if there is a travel advisory in effect on or within six (6) months prior to the Insured Person’s date of arrival in the Host Country.
- Immunizations and routine physical exams.
- Treatment of Temporomandibular Joint or dental treatment,except as provided for in the Certificate of Coverage.
- Venereal disease, AIDS virus, AIDS related illness, ARC Syndrome, or AIDS, the cost of testing for these conditions, and charges for treatment or surgeries which are incurred by any Insured who was HIV+ at time of enrollment into this insurance.
- Pregnancy, childbirth, birth control, artificial insemination,treatment for infertility or impotency, sterilization or reversal thereof, or abortion.
- Injury sustained while participating in amateur or professional sports or other athletic activity which is organized and/or sanctioned,or which involves regular or scheduled practices, games or competition. The following hazardous activities are excluded:racing of any kind, aviation (except when traveling as a passenger in a commercial aircraft), BMX, BASE jumping, bobsleigh, bungee jumping, canyoning, caving, high diving, hang gliding,heli-skiing, hot air ballooning, inline skating, jet skiing, kayaking,luge, motocross (moto-x), mountain biking, mountaineering,parachuting, rappelling, rock climbing, rodeo, scuba diving, skijumping, sky diving, snow skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling,spelunking, snorkeling, surfing, wakeboarding, water skiing,wind-surfing and whitewater rafting.
- Vision or ear tests and the provision of visual or hearing aids.
- Vocational, recreational, speech or music therapy.
- Treatment while confined primarily to receive custodial care,educational or rehabilitative care, or nursing services.
- Charges, injuries and/or illnesses resulting or arising from or occurring during the commission or continuing perpetration of a violation of law by the insured, including without limitation, the engaging in an illegal occupation or act, but excluding minor traffic violations.
- Treatment for, and injuries and/or illnesses resulting or arising from, substance abuse or drug addiction.
- Injury and/or illness resulting or arising from being under the influence of alcohol or drugs; and injury or illness resulting from operating any type of vehicle after consuming any alcohol or drugs.
- Willful self-inflicted injury or illness.
- Treatment required as a result of or arising from complications from a treatment or condition not covered hereunder.
- Any services or supplies performed or provided by a relative of the Insured or provided at no cost to Insured.
- Treatment for mental and nervous disorders.
- Organ or tissue transplants or related services.
- Treatment for illness or injury where the trip is undertaken for the purpose of obtaining such treatment or advice for a Pre-existing Condition.
- Treatment incurred as a result of or arising from exposure to nuclear radiation, and/or radioactive material(s).